1. Are you playing tennis?
2. What happened to your last chess move?
3. Was my aggressive move so early in the game so discouraging?
4. Have you sold my painting?
5. How's dad?
6. Is he approving now?
7. Are you studying anything beside music?
8. Is there much cheese in the shops?
9. Do you know a four letter word beginning with trouble?
10. Do you know a three letter word?
11. Do you know anything?
12. How are you?
1. Mussolini constipated
2. I tasted orange juice this week
3. People revolting in Germany (yes aren't they)
4. London Theatres sold out
5. The weather is continuing.
6. General Confusion takes over Italy
7. Canada 2/5 C.C.F. and 3/5 worried.
8. I am fine thanks.
And so Farewell
Your announcer signing off, and if you get this in time --
Happy Birthday to you.
yours in harmony
Aldwinckle, Eric, Letter, 7 August 1943