About HPCANPUB Metadata Field Names
The metadata fields for Historical Perspectives of Canadians follow standard Dublin Core guidelines. Additional fields have been added to this collection to better describe the materials.
- Full Title - The regular Title field is restricted in length; Full Title is used when additional information is required to describe an item.
- Theme - The theme name associated with an object. Case studies are grouped under six over-arching themes. Each item on the site is part of a case study, which in turn falls under one of the six themes.
- Case Study - The case study name associated with an object. Each item on the site is part of a case study. This field displays the case study title.
- Creator - An entity primarily responsible for making the content of the object.
- Place - The extent or scope of the content of the object. In this collection it covers the spatial location or geographic region of the object.
- Date - A date associated with the object.
- Era - The publishing era associated with an object. Content on the site is grouped under four eras. This field denotes which era applies to this item. More than one era may apply.
- Material Type - A reference to an object from which the digital object is derived.
- Description - An account of the content of the resource.
- Publisher - An entity responsible for making the object available
- Collection - The name of the fonds or collection in which the archival document is housed.
- Box - The box no. within the fonds or collection in which the archival document is housed.
- File - The file no. within the box (see above) in which the archival document is housed.
- Call Number - Identifier for items without a box or file no., for instance book with call no.; uncatalogued collection; item in map cabinet.
- Subject - Library of congress subject headings assigned to the object.
- Rights - Information about the rights held in and over the object.
- Contributor - An entity responsible for making contributions to the content of the object.
- Institution - One of the three universities collaborating on the website: McMaster University, University of Toronto, Queen's University
- Date Digitized - The date the object was digitized.
- Identifier - Unique number assigned to the item.
- Language - The language of the object were applicable.
- Dimensions - The dimensions of the object - Height x Width.
- Type - The nature or genre of the content of the digital object. We utilize the DCMI Type Vocabulary.
- Format - The digital manifestation of the digital object. We use the file extension, i.e. jpg, png, pdf.